Newport, nugget and fuggle hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrvstar1100

Reaction score
I am looking for all grain recipes that I could use single hops using either Newport, Nugget or Fuggle hops or a combination of the three. I mainly brew 5 gallon batches. so if any one has a recipe they would like to share thank you

12lbs pale malt, 1 oz each of the hops at 1hr, 20min's and 10min's. Try different mashing temperatures and switch the hops around for each addition, pick the one you like and re-brew it.

There are about a billion recipes that use grain and those hops, I typically brew the style I like to drink, you could start with that.:mug:

Newport is mostly used for bittering. You can use it for that purpose in any recipe; if you're looking to burn through large quantities of it, look into high-IBU beers like IPAs, American Barleywines, etc... Nugget is also great for bittering, but I find it very enjoyable used as a flavor hop. It has an earthy/herbal quality to it, but it's very smooth. Try it in the aforementioned IPAs, or American Ambers, Browns and Stouts. I don't like Fuggle, but it's used in a lot of British beers. You can use it in Belgian beers that call for Styrian Goldings, as those are just Fuggles grown in Slovenia.

Back