Kegerator selection display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usafbeach

Reaction score
I'm stuck in an apartment, but one day have delusions of setting up a multi-tap kegerator in a man-cave. Ideally I'd like to convert a chest freezer to house several kegs with taps on top. Pretty straightforward.

But for some fanciness, I'd like to display stats about the brews being served on a screen somewhere either mounted to the wall or affixed to the top of the chest by the taps. Name/type of beer, ABV, notes, etc...

I've seen others use the chalkboard paint to display this info and I think that looks great, but I'd rather go for a hi-tech solution like a computer display or photo frame or something, but less obtrusive. A display like an iPad mounted to the wall behind the taps might look nice, but is obviously that's overkill if I'm just trying to display a static image.

Any ideas?

Hmm, maybe something like this? http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/

bfa3_mimo_mini_usb_monitor.jpg

Birthday gift idea down the road for SWMBO anyway...

I think I saw one where a guy bought a few digital frames (getting pretty cheap these days, maybe $50) and installed a couple above his taps. Then you'd just have to generate the picture you want and save it to an SD card that you could move to the frame.

Latest posts

Back