2007 Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it has been brought up yet but it looks like the Cheese curds are screwed this week. No points for an illeagel lineup. Why can't that happen with my opponents??

2nd Street Brewery said:
I don't know if it has been brought up yet but it looks like the Cheese curds are screwed this week. No points for an illeagel lineup. Why can't that happen with my opponents??

Yeah, that's what happens when you get drunk, futz with your lineup, pass out and forget that you futzed. No more drunk FBB.

I hear ya Cheese. Actually I don't like the fact that the game will let you futz up like that. I was in an online FBB league a while back and the system would not let you save a line up with duplicate positions. I have to swap out my utility guy too and now I'll make sure I save him as U and not his possition.

:off: Cardinals rain delay on tv. Perfect time to say how much I F#%$ing HATE Dan McLaughlin. He's a total D!CK in person too.

Ize

Is G-Phizzle a member on here?......(edit)doesnt look like it...He's got to be pissed right now!

Nope...saw the highlights this morning though. It looked like it was a close one....The defense came through huge for him a few times.

Looks like you picked him a week too late. You know if you start him next week he'll have a bad week.....thats the way it usually goes!

Man I put in Chein Ming Wang on sunday night because he was supposed to start this week, then monday they changed it to next week which pissed me off....At least I have a 116 pt lead so im not too worried.

Tophe said:
Nope...saw the highlights this morning though. It looked like it was a close one....The defense came through huge for him a few times.

Man I put in Chein Ming Wang on sunday night because he was supposed to start this week, then monday they changed it to next week which pissed me off....At least I have a 116 pt lead so im not too worried.

One of the guys I benched this week is tearing it up and the guy I got to replace him has done squat - so it's not looking pretty. Having a -9 outing from a starting pitcher doesn't help either.

Well my team looks like a walking MASH unit. Half my pitchers are on the DL, I just lost Kendrick from the Angels and Vlad is day to day, both my catchers are dinged up and Rolen has a bad back. This is making my FFB team look good. Oh yeah, and the bird is smoking my ass this week.:mad:

I'm smelling a meltdown of galactic proportions for the Slobbering Idiots.

Last weekend killed me, this week flat out SUCKS. :mad:

Ize

Ize said:
I'm smelling a meltdown of galactic proportions for the Slobbering Idiots.

Last weekend killed me, this week flat out SUCKS. :mad:

Ize

Wow - you're getting torched Ize. It's bad enough to have a down week, but when the team you're playing is rolling, it's even worse

Yeah Ize....kind of looks like ive got this one in the bag this week.(knock on wood) I just R. Howard is off today, and questionable for the rest of the week. Im pretty happy for this week except i put CMW on my line up and hes not playing!

I was at a bar the other night and they had 5 diff games on , 4 of which i had players playing on. That was pretty cool.

OK, Ian Kinsler has been my stud, but for some reason it's saying 0 points this week, and he's on a 6-game run streak.

From 100 point lead yesterday to under 50. After what happened to me last week, I'm a little nervous

Cheesefood said:
OK, Ian Kinsler has been my stud, but for some reason it's saying 0 points this week, and he's on a 6-game run streak.

Same thing with Sammy Sosa. I know he has 20-something points this week - WTF?? Milwood too!

My pitching staff blew it for me this week. Offensive numbers were great, but pitching killed me!!

RIP Josh Hancock

I think they had a time warp or something this morning. I was over a 100 points down lats night but only 50 first thing today. Later I was back to 120

Is it just me, or is the live scoring not working right now. No stats are showing up and its not updating by itself.

This is not cool.......commentary audio is f'd up for FSN detroit also.

Tophe said:
Is it just me, or is the live scoring not working right now. No stats are showing up and its not updating by itself.

This is not cool.......commentary audio is f'd up for FSN detroit also.

No - not working for me right now either, and I KNOW I have some points. No big deal - they'll get it going sooner or later.

Oh, and Cheese - any side bet action on this one???

Man it F'n figures. Hughes is pitching a no hitter for the Yankees and he pops a hammy in the 7th inning. :mad: It may be official, our season is in the toilet.

They'll come around.......It would be sweet to see the yanks not make it to the playoffs though. Almost as exciting as the tigers going to the WS.

Seriously, I hate they feel they have to go to the big show every year, otherwise its a disapointment to them. It would be bs if Torre gets canned over it too, not his fault his pitching staff is injured.

I'm pretty happy with my team over the past couple of weeks. The free agent market has been pretty fruitful.

Tophe said:
They'll come around.......It would be sweet to see the yanks not make it to the playoffs though. Almost as exciting as the tigers going to the WS.

Seriously, I hate they feel they have to go to the big show every year, otherwise its a disapointment to them. It would be bs if Torre gets canned over it too, not his fault his pitching staff is injured.

Actually I don't feel we have to make the Series every year. It's just that this last 10 yr run has been so good that people forget how bad we were in the 80's and early 90's. I know we can't do it forever and it's time for other team to move up, just wish it wasn't the Sawks:D
I also think it might be a good time for Torre to go, not because he isn't any good but after anyone is in place for as long as he has been the team can get too used to him and might tend to get complacent. Not sure Mattingly as a replacement is the way to go either.

I don't know the odds, but Hops N Barley and the Slobbering Idiots both finishing up tonight with 175.67 apiece is kind of bizarre.

Dead heat leading into the weekend. :mug:

Ize

You know, I'm REALLY starting to hate the Urban Achievers. I thought I've had them whooped TWICE and they keep coming back!

I have to check and see how King Felixs' comeback is going. I'd like to put him back in the rotation. I've been out of the loop tho.

Ize

I'm loving my pitching staff. Even though I picked up half of them off the scrap heap, I think I have one of, if not the best staff in the league. I can't wait to do another draft. Knowing what I know now, I think I could be REALLY dangerous.

I really need to pay attention to this thing, and make it work for me instead of trusting the luck of the Gods. But damn, the days have been hectic, and there's laziness late at night after drinking as well. :eek:

Ize

I look at it pretty often. I can actually access the site from work, which is nice. I find it much easier to pay attention to than football. I ALMOST bought the MLB season ticket yesterday so that I can watch more games. I may still do it.

I almost bought the mlb.tv thing to watch them online. I check the scores all the time...at work or at home. My pitching staff is killing me again this week. Next week should be pretty good though, considering I have 10 starts if no rainouts screw me up.

How about that comeback today Ize!! I was disappointed that it was that close. I figured with my 10 starts to your 5 would have helped a little more but a couple of them sucked it up bad! Good match though.

Back