San Francisco Hotel reccomendations...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMTG

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip for the end of the month to SFO with my GF...It's her bday and we'll be in town from fri 19-22 monday. I need to book a hotel ASAP, but am having trouble deciding where to stay. I'll be DRIVING up from Los Angeles, so I'll need to pay for parking and just walk/BART it all weekend

I can't decide between Fishermans' Wharf or Union Square! I know there are ALOT of great beer bars in San Fran and I'd like to hit up 21st Amendment,Speakeasy,etc... So where should I stay? I'm looking at booking a 3-4 Star hotel(no best western) there are ALOT of boutiques hotels and its really hard to decide

Please offer your opinions and reasons where/why to stay. Thanks in advance!

When we were there we stayed at the Hotel Mosser . It is an interesting hotel. There are a lot of rooms that share bathrooms, but we had a room with a private bathroom. It is very basic and relatively cheap but very clean.

You might be looking for something with more amenities, but I think the location in/around Union Square is great. It is super easy to get to BART and within walking distance of 21st Amendment. I also walked from there to City Beer Store and to Anchor. Those walks were not bad but coming back with a box of beer was rough.

I recommend Kimpton Hotels
http://www.kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hotels-sanfrancisco.aspx

Stayed at the Hotel Triton (2 ppl, 1 rm) and the Sir Francis Drake Hotel (13 ppls, 3 rms). For the Drake, we paid around $110 per room, second weekend of July 2009, with reservations few months in advance. I reserved the Triton couple days ahead and paid much more during off season.

Become a member for discounts.

Great customer service, locations, upkeep, standard.

While you are there, make sure you check out the Westfield Shopping Centre. It has circular escalators. Go have a good feed at Lori's Diner as well.. AWESOME food.

I stayed at the Argonaut with the SWMO a few years ago. We liked it quite a bit. Nowadays we have friends who live in downtown SF and we always stay with them, so I haven't stayed at a hotel in the bay area for a while, unless you count places around Stanford.

Back