Will lacto bubbles go away?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd46

Reaction score
hey all, i have a mini-sour batch going running on (in part) the wyeast lambic blend. it currently has some nice lacto bubbles going all over the top, and has for a few weeks. it's been fermenting for about 2 months now, so still pretty young. my questions is, will the lacto bubbles ever stop? or is that something that will always be present until i bottle it?

I'm not really sure if there are obvious visual phases something like this will go through (key visual cues to look for?) or if i'm just left to tasting it now and then to see where its at. any advice would be helpful, thanks!

It may stay or it may go away and something else will show up in its place. It's just a pellicle, which helps control oxygen exposure. Leave it alone for at least six months. You'll be happier if you let it go a year or more but I know not everybody will be that patient and decide they are happy with it earlier on.

Back