Have I waited too long to bottle... ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brawn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've brewed about 6 or 7 batches of beer from kits. All of them have come out ok (especially the Brew House - Pale Ale Yummmm!).... Anyhow, The last batch I put on was brewed, as per instructions, until after I racked it to the second fermenter. (Sigh )....it's been in the second fermenter now for about 2 and a half months. So... would it still be ok to bottle? It's in a "better bottle" in a cool dark place with an air lock. My guess is the beer would not be bad, but may not carbonate due to lack of yeast.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Brawn

It should be alright but to play it safe add a bit of dried yeast to the bottling bucket. Maybe about 4-5 grams.

I just opened a bottle that had been "lagering" in my crawlspace at 45 - 50 degrees for 60 days. I bottled it 7 days ago. It made that sweet psst sound when I opened it, and has a beautiful creamy head. I'd say that yours will carbonate just fine.

Thanks for your posts.

I think I will just bottle it and see what happens.

Cheers,
-Brawn

Just to sum up this thread,

I ended up just bottling the batch in the usual fashion and everything was fine. The beer carbonated well and tasted good... all of it ;) .

-Brawn

Back