Smokin' How Many of Ya Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke?

• No, I don't smoke.

• Yes, I do but only when I drink.

• Yes, I do, but Cigars & Aromatic Pipe Tobacco

• Yes, I do, I'm ashin' on the keyboard!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you guys smoke? I used to more than 6 years, I gradually stopped since the occasional cigarette would make me puke my guts out...

I think my sense of taste has improved, maybe not, but that encouraged me to fend off the desire to smoke on a regular basis.

I still like to smoke cigars & pipes (Dutch Cavendish)

Poll to follow.... (Just wait long enough before you ask where F is it????) :fro:

Cigars.

I'd love to get me a pipe, I'll be all decked out in a tweed jacket like Boerderij Kabouter, pipe in one hand, leather-bound tome in the other (rauchmalt smoking on the grill)....

I smoked cigarettes for about 15 years, but I quit them and now I'm down to an all too frequent cigar.

Cigars.

I'd love to get me a pipe, I'll be all decked out in a tweed jacket like Boerderij Kabouter, pipe in one hand, leather-bound tome in the other (rauchmalt smoking on the grill)....

How's bout a pic in that tweed jacket. Tell us story about your experience in the wilderness or something like that!!! :D

[Thinking Dudley-Do-Right]

Cigars and pipes. I don't much like the aromatic flavored pipe blends. I like virginia blends and blends with a lot of latakia. I also like blends with perique.

Here is a pick of around 200 of my Premium Tobacco....Pipes are pretty rare, but I do own 3 very nice pipes and around 8 cheap ones.
I voted No on Cigarettes...but the New TOP WILDFIRE cigarette tobacco kinda strikes my fancy.
IMG_0106.jpg

:off:

Can somebody explain to me how these FILTERED mini-cigars are not considered to be cigarettes, and therefore can be purchased for $15 a carton? I haven't bought cigarettes in ages, but isn't a carton like $60 now?

1336_1.jpg

Here is a pick of around 200 of my Premium Tobacco....Pipes are pretty rare, but I do own 3 very nice pipes and around 8 cheap ones.
I voted No on Cigarettes...but the New TOP WILDFIRE cigarette tobacco kinda strikes my fancy.
IMG_0106.jpg

The whole though of cigars & designer pipe tobacco makes me long for an extended fishing trip in Michigan.....(guys only kind of event)

I accidently voted no before I saw the "cigar and pipe" choice. I do smoke a nice cigar once in a while, but its quite rare. Other than that, I don't find tobacco really that appealing.

I don't get bothered by people smoking though, and I won't turn down a nice cigar if is offered to me.

I smoked cigarettes for about 15 years, but I quit them and now I'm down to an all too frequent cigar.

Yeah, that's me too. Well, closer to 25 years on the smokes, but now I have to deal with too many cigars. Weekends only, but I was going whole hog come Friday. I'm off them as of this past weekend. :(

and see...all I can think of is fly fishing on the flats in the Florida Keys.

My FIL & I will spend a week fishin' an drinkin' an smoken' an sleepin' and fishin' and drinkin' and eatin' and .... The whole sense of laziness perpetuates....

:rockin:

I smoke everything.
I smoke a cigar every now and then, I've smoked a pipe off and on for about 6 years, I smoke cigarettes daily, i smoke pot and I'll use kinnikinnick in the sweat lodge.

smoked cigs for bout 15 yrs then went to mini cigars ,think blacknmild, for 4-5 and have been off tobacco totally since jan 12, 2006

My mother smoked most of her life, I grew up hating it and have never smoked - anything. On the other hand, all of my siblings have.

I quit the ciggies 2 1/2 months ago taking chantix...

The last time I quit (over five years ago) when I lived in Florida I really enjoyed a couple of cigars a week...I prefer them way more than cigarettes any day.

Hopefully, but not for a few months, I would like to enjoy an occasional cigar again.

To me a cigar is like a nice steak, while cigarrettes are nothing more than the frozen hamburger patties used in most fast food franchises.

Wife has asthma and is allergic to cigarette smoke (and cigars, etc.) so no smoking and no going to places where people smoke, and no visiting people who smoke, etc.
Walking into stores or restaurants and being near people who smell like smoke will cause her problems.
Since we avoid all the smoke we can (which is difficult :() I have become quite attuned to the smell of smoke and can detect it easily, bleh.
I basically take point when we go places and point out the people who stink like smoke before she gets to them.

Same thing with perfume, so it's not just smokers (not that that makes it any better!).

I absolutely despise smoking these days. Not another persons habit but my own. I have tried the Chantix, the lozenges, the patch, damned near everything but hypnosis. This wasn;t the case until my son started to notice I smoke. Fortunately, he's only 2 so the chances of me quitting and him forgetting about it are in my favor.

Now I just need the will to quit. Yet, just typing this makes me want to go smoke. Blah.

I've always been a fan of the 'pipe-weed' (insert LOTR reference here) and fine cigars. Never really enjoyed the heavily aromatic Lake District pipe tobaccos though- always tasted a bit soapy to me. I prefer the straight English blends.

Smoking a pipe or a cigar is an occasional pleasure for me these days- makes me enjoy them more.

I smoke, but I am trying to cut back and maybe quit in 6 months to a year.

I dont smoke that much as it is, I think I probably smoke less than your average smoker. I smoke under a pack a week. And most of that is on the weekend when I am drinking. Sun-Thur I will smoke maybe 10 cigarettes. My goal is in the next few weeks (when I am finally done with school), I will cut out the 10 cigarettes Sun-Thu. Then I will be down to only the weekends and then I will try to gradually phase that out.

I like pipe tobacco and cigarettes but don't smoke them anymore- I really miss handrolled cigarettes. I used to enjoy cigars and bourbon, but it was too much for my stomach, and I had to choose one. I chose the one that doesn't cause cancer or days of bad breath.

I've never smoked. My mother has smoked pretty much my entire life and when I go over there I leave stinking of it and it makes me sick. I never realized just how disgusting it smelled until I moved out of their house and wasn't exposed to it everyday.

I quit in July of '07.
Chantix worked for me, after being a 1-2 pack a day smoker for over 26 years.

Problem was I got fat after quitting smoking.

Just cigars, and occasionally you'll find me out on the deck with my trusty corncob pipe.

I don't know how people can afford to smoke. Cigarette prices are ridiculous.

I quit in '97 after almost thirty years of smoking. 2.5-3 packs a day. The pill(Welbutrin, I think) worked for me.
I also got fat when I quit.:mad:

I voted "no" because that was the closest answer. I smoke ocassionally. It is very rare that I do and yes, it usually only occurs when I have a few beers or when camping. But not always. Maybe 6 cigarettes a year?

After seeing my Stepfather get Emphysema that really makes me feel for people who are addicted. But that patch or whatever they gave him worked great!

Yea I gained 20 lbs within 3 months after i quit. Food just tasted so good again I couldnt get enough of it. Finally down to my normal weight....well my normal weight now that Im a habitual brewer

I started smoking at about age 15, by 17 I was up to a pack a day. Tried to quit a few times, but basically smoked till I was 27, and then I got a job in a smoke free building where you had to walk down stairs and out to the parking deck to smoke, so I didn't bother to smoke during the day for the first couple of days I worked there. Then about the third day on the way in, I took out a cig to smoke before I walked into the building and just had an epiphany about how stupid it was - threw the rest of the package of cigs into the garbage can and never looked back. Been smoke free for almost 13 years now, except for one time I was out at a bar and for some reason I got the idea that I wanted to smoke so I bummed one off someone - lit it up and choked, then put it out and wondered why in the hell I ever thought I wanted to start doing that again.

I quit smoking 15 minutes before I turned 40. Went well for a couple of years then so many really bad things happened in my life (deaths and family problems) that I just fell and picked it up again. I still can't smoke Marboros and the such (gag!) but I realy enjoy clove cigs. Can't wait to retire (20+ years) so I can enjoy pot again:eek:

I regularly smoke a pipe and occasionally smoke a cigar.

I don't do those froo-froo aromatics though. I tend towards Va/Pers and English blends. My current favorites are McClellands Red Cake, Bright CR Flake, and G&H's Bow-Legged Bear. BLB is really strong though. It's what I use to keep me awake at work when I can't keep my eyes open. Bright CR is more of an everyday smoke, sort of a special Virginia Flake. Red Cake is hard to explain though... it's really smooth and sweet with a sort of sugary-earthy flavor. Hard to describe, but definitely worth a taste.

I quit smoking entirely cold turkey two years ago. The single exception was a few months ago, I smoked a pretty big bowl of salvia because I've heard good things. Waste of money. :(

I quit smoking two and a half years ago. sometimes i miss it.... most times i don't. At $6.50+ per pack in Massachusetts I don't miss the hit from my bank account.

I quit 8 years ago after 19 years of it. I finally gave up Copenhagen 6 months ago. I never have missed the smoking (maybe because I still chewed) but I still miss having a dip.

Back