Christmas wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellysrepairs

Reaction score
Ok, I'm looking to make a christmas wine for gifting this next christmas. Anyone have a good recipe for one? I have 11 months to age this one so any help would be great. Something everyone would enjoy cold, maybe a berry.

There are a lot of factors, not least of which is what you have access to. Berry wines are great, but this isn't the time for berries in my part of the world. Doing a juice wine would be as good and much easier for me this time of year.

Use the best juice you have access to and oak it. I've found the small 375 ml bottles make cute gifts, plus you can make many more of them.

Spiced apple might be good, and most people can always get decent apple juice.

How about a Pomegranate Cranberry (Christmas fruits). Northland has a nice blend, and you could also boost it up with frozen concentrate. Unfortunately, I can not tell you how it ages. It is great after four months!

Apple pomegranate is nice, tasty spiced, spiced and mulled. Just plain tasty. I bottled at six months, and held out until December, 10 months. CranApple is good also.

Back