Trans Atlantic Beer Exchange?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerStoff

Reaction score
I'm an american living in the UK (Scotland specifically) and I have only ever found a limited availability of quality US beers here. We get a good variety of Sierra Nevada and Flying Dog, but thats about it (occasional Southern Tier, Green Flash, Dark Horse, Dog Fish Head).

The UK is a great source of real cask ales: great bitters and english PAs and IPAs. More recently, however, a brewery called The Kernel based in London has been kicking out some of the most fantastic beers of all kinds.

I know a reasonable supply of more mainstream UK beers make their way to North America, but I was hoping to gauge interest in some of our more local and seldom exported crafts! Besides The Kernel, there are the following which are excellent and likely seldom exported: BrewDog, BlackIsle Brewery, Deuchars IPA, Redchurch brewery, Williams Brothers, Timothy Taylors Landlord, Marstons, Thwaites, and Harviestoun.

I've really been looking to get some Stone, Left Hand, Heady Topper, Lagunitas, Cigar City and especially New Belgium (which I can't grasp for the life of me why its not found in the UK-would sell so well).

Anyway, if there's anyone out there willing to look into the UK brewers I've mentioned to see if they would like some (read reviews online or uk forums because the feedback on these breweries is always fantastic) or any other UK or continental favourites (I don't know how available Cantillon or Saison Dupont are in North America but we have a good supply), I'd be up for a transatlantic beer exchange despite the perhaps expensive shipping costs.

?

:mug:

I'm up for trading as well. There's plenty of enticing English ales I am willing to mail over, including magic rock, st peters, fullers, kernal, Adnams, marble, thornbridge, buxton, Windsor & Eton, etc

I work for a craft beer-only store in Atlanta, and I have access to many of the brewers you are looking for, minus Cigar City and Heady Topper. We also have several excellent local brewers in an exponentially growing craft beer scene. I am definitley willing to trade as I love the uk beer styles. Send me a pm with specific beers you are looking for and we can work soemthing out.

Latest posts

Back