Fermentation Explosion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles1179

Reaction score
I brewed a Wheat beer on Friday. Within one day, it appears that my beer was extremely active, because there was a lot of beer that spewed from the air lock bubbler. I've verfied the lid was still tight, so no air should've gotten into my batch. Should I be worried about this blow off or just let it continue fermenting?

p.s. the bubbler is still active, just doesn't contain my vodka anymore, it contains a yeasty beer liquid.

noodles1179 said:
I brewed a Wheat beer on Friday. Within one day, it appears that my beer was extremely active, because there was a lot of beer that spewed from the air lock bubbler. I've verfied the lid was still tight, so no air should've gotten into my batch. Should I be worried about this blow off or just let it continue fermenting?

p.s. the bubbler is still active, just doesn't contain my vodka anymore, it contains a yeasty beer liquid.

Use a blow off tube or keep cleaning and sanitizing your airlock. As for contamination there is no worry, there is enough CO2 pushing out for anything nasty to get in:)

Back