Just found out I'm in a magazine today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBKing

Reaction score
Got a text message from my buddy this morning at 2 A.M. He works second shift and was looking through a paintballing magazine called "Jungle". Flipping through it when he came across an article about a tournament we all went to last last May in Joilet IL ("Living Legends" at CPX field). He was looking through the pics taken and BAM! he recognizes his gun and pack and then realizes it was me!

I'm looking for the pic now but Jungles website isnt excatly a huge help.

Who else has shown up in a magazine or other publication? Post pics!

This is actually the 2nd time I've been in a magazine. In 96' I was in National Geographic World (the NatGeo for kids basically) while rock climbing at Upper Limits Gym in Bloomington, IL :p

I've raced across the street at Leisure Hours, 1/8th scale nitro offroad RC. My cars have been in magazines from race coverage. I'm in a book as well but you can only see me from behind, it's a book about the history of Gulfstream Aerospace, the picture was of the 400th G-IV and 100th G-V roll out.

I have two paintings in an art book. I think the two free copies I got from the publishers pushed it into the bottom half of the Amazon top kazillion. ;)

I was mentioned and dad was pictured in some magazine a couple months back, unfortunately cant remember the name but was definitely in one...though nobody from this board would have read it unless they read mags about border collies

I don't THINK I have been in any magazines but I have been on TV several times when I was a college student in Japan. Why, I have no idea, but somehow it just kept happening. It was almost like I was being stalked by camera crews.

I'd be walking back to my house from school and some news guy and cameraman would pull up and corner me and interview me about something or other. Or I'd go to visit my friends and be waiting in the little "clubhouse" next to their dorm, and some TV show about local food had set up shop and a celebrity was there preparing sukiyaki and giving it away people who happened to be there, and then I get pulled out of the group and interviewed by the celebrity.

Back