How to depressurize Pin Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainer28

Reaction score
I have a pin lock keg that has been converted to ball lock. But, the pressure relief valve is completely different. How do I depressurize the keg, so I can open it. There is too much pressure for me to do this currently.

Thanks

mainer

Is there anything in it?
I still have a bunch of soda full pin-locks and when I need one I just depress the in port, I take careful aim, cause a 7 year old fanta shower is nasty

i have a spare gas disconnect that i just pop on to depressurize. just make sure the other end isn't pointed at your face when you do it.

Just make sure you press down on the gas poppet and not the liquid out poppet of a full keg... don't ask me how I know this LOL:drunk:

+1 to the spare gas disconnect. I use all pin locks now and keep a spare on hand for depressurization and for burping kegs when I fill them.

Just make sure you press down on the gas poppet and not the liquid out poppet of a full keg... don't ask me how I know this LOL:drunk:

This. Although technically, the liquid poppet will relieve pressure also...but only use that side if the keg is empty.

Some people use a spare disconnect or other device; personally, I just use whatever is handy (screwdriver, drill bit, bottle opener...just about anything, really) and press down on the poppet on the gas side.

Yeah, those are useless for the OP's problem: His keg was converted to BALL LOCK POSTS...

Cheers

Though the title of the thread does say 'How to depressurize Pin Locks'. Someone looking for that information would probably wind up in this thread. So it still could be helpful.

:p

Back