Ghost River Brewing tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasementBrews

Reaction score
I went to Memphis TN this weekend and toured the Ghost River brewery. Got a couple of growlers of their Black Magic beer. I'm glad they are expanding. I haven't found any of their beers that I dislike. I just wish that some how it would get distributed in Arkansas. To anyone living in Memphis, I'm jealous. :tank:

I picked up a growler of Black Magic a couple of weeks ago. That stuff is amazing. I finished the entire thing with a friend in under an hour. It tasted like a delicious light-bodied stout, almost a session beer.

How did you see about taking the tour?

Here is the link from their site:

http://www.ghostriverbrewing.com/tours.htm

You will need to hurry. They are about to expand so they can brew more beer & add a bottling line. After construction starts there won't be anymore tours until it is finished. It is very close to Beale St. So after the tour you can go have a good time listening to live music and drinking more beer :)

I live here in Memphis and definently enjoy have a local brewery. Ghost River originated out of Bosco's the brewpub here in town. Bosco's has some awesome offerings for sure.

The Ghost River brews in my opinion are ok. The golden ale is simply a pleaser for the locals that enjoy Bud light and such. The issue I have is some of their beers tend to taste the same, i.e. pale ale, oktoberfest, red ale. Very malty pale ale which I am not a fan of.

The black magic is very good and the stout is as well. They are coming out with a new beer on Wed. called 1886 IPA so I am def. looking forward to that.

Latest posts

Back