10lb Co2 tank, $10 to fill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illnastyimpreza

Reaction score
After calling around to numerous places and being SHOCKED by how much they wanted to fill a 10lb tank..... I found a place that will fill it for 10 bucks!

Granite Industrial Gases
49 North High Street
Derry, NH 03038

Phone:

Fax: 603.537.0259

Email:
[email protected]

I'm gonna swing by tommorrow and see if its too good to be true !

Wow nice find! It's $20+ (maybe $23 total?) at Keane Fire Safety in Waltham.

The industrial gas companies around here (north of Atlanta) average about $1.00/pound for an exchange.

I just pulled receipts and stand corrected. The smaller the container the more expensive. 5#=$12.00, 20#=$20.00 and 50#=$30.00. So the 20# is $1.00/pound. I use AirGas and I would guess that their prices are competitive nationwide. Check their location near you before your next refill.

I just pulled receipts and stand corrected. The smaller the container the more expensive. 5#=$12.00, 20#=$20.00 and 50#=$30.00. So the 20# is $1.00/pound. I use AirGas and I would guess that their prices are competitive nationwide. Check their location near you before your next refill.

airgass sucks ! they wanted 40 bucks to fill my 10lb tank. (because he figured out it was for a Kegerator !)

Airgas is actually anti-competitive. They want an arm and a leg for CO2, and they charge for "hazardous materials", etc.

I wasn't aware that something I expel from my lungs every other second was a hazardous material.

Post up how they did for the fill... I'm in Nashua now, so I'm looking to find a decent place to get CO2 tanks filled. I have one 2.5# tank empty, working on a 5# tank too. Luckily my 20# (connected to the brew fridge) still has plenty in it, and my 10# is waiting in the basement. :rockin: I'm also thinking about getting my paintball bottles filled up, just need to be sure they only put CO2 into them, nothing else added. Until then, I'm using the 5# tank to push my brew from fermenter to serving kegs. Later I'll use the paintball bottles for the push and partially carbonate (in the basement) with the 2.5# and 5# tanks. :ban:

BTW, anyone in MA, close to Quincy should check out Gorham Fire Appliance for CO2 filling. They charge about $12 for a 10# fill. Or at least they did last year (when I also got my 20# filled for about $17 if I recall correctly).

Just following up on this - I had my 15lb tank filled there today for $15. Excellent prices and really nice people to deal with.

I wasn't aware that something I expel from my lungs every other second was a hazardous material.

All compressed gases in cylinders are hazardous - see: [ame="http://youtu.be/ejEJGNLTo84"]http://youtu.be/ejEJGNLTo84[/ame]

And CO2 at a high enough concentration will kill you..

I average about $17 for exchange on a 5 pound tank around here.
I need to get my new improved bigger tank filled, before I need it. I just keep holding out till I go somewhere cheaper to do it.

I average about $17 for exchange on a 5 pound tank around here.
I need to get my new improved bigger tank filled, before I need it. I just keep holding out till I go somewhere cheaper to do it.

20$ for a refill on a 5# tank in Durham, NC.

Do they at least use lube for either of you?? :eek: Seriously, getting graped over CO2 exchange/refills is no laughing matter.

I've been to Portland Oregon, Astoria Oregon and Aberdeen Washington to refill.
Both Aberdeen and the one place I went in Portland were about $17.
Astoria was a bit cheaper but it's just over 50 miles one way, the truck gets 10 mpg and I don't get there often.
I am waiting to fill my new tank till I get over there. I think they were about $10 on the 5 lb. tank exchange there.
A full 5 pound tank should hold me till I decide to go to the rouge brew pub again and stop at my favorite calamari restaurant.

It cost me $98 to have a 5 lb and 20lb bottle filled here in Hawaii. That's the cheapest I've found so far. Airgas wanted $110 to exchange my 20lb bottle. I can't wait to get stationed back on the mainland.

It cost me $98 to have a 5 lb and 20lb bottle filled here in Hawaii. That's the cheapest I've found so far. Airgas wanted $110 to exchange my 20lb bottle. I can't wait to get stationed back on the mainland.

Wow!! You win for worst prices, not that it's a good thing to win.

I think I would just bottle at those prices.

The reasons I get why the prices are so hi,"It's Hawaii brah." thats the excuse for everything here. But for some reason major electronics and dcd's/cd's are priced the same. I'll pay it since I hate bottling so much. I really only bottle really high abv beers.

It might almost be worth it to start making your own CO2. Or ferment under pressure so you use less. If I was getting graped like that, I'd start investigating alternative sources for what I needed. :D

No reason to just bend over and take it because "It's Hawaii brah". :eek: :D

My LHBS charges $20.00 to swap a 5# bottle.

I called a paint ball store who wanted $1.00 per ounce, yes per ounce.

AirGas here wanted $20.00 service charge and $20.00 for the Co2, a local welding supply wanted the same.

Went to another shop here and they filled my bottle for $20.00, I asked if they would swap since the hydro was past due and they said no, bring it in and we will fill it, which they did.

Toy4Rick

Latest posts

Back