Co2 pressue question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydog1

Reaction score
I have been carbing an IPA for about two weeks at 40 degrees at about 12-13. Psi. It want to turn the pressure down to about 6-8 psi for better surving. Should I release the pressure or just adjust it and let sit over night? Thanks

I have been carbing an IPA for about two weeks at 40 degrees at about 12-13. Psi. It want to turn the pressure down to about 6-8 psi for better surving. Should I release the pressure or just adjust it and let sit over night? Thanks

Leave it where it is. Serve it at 12-13. The idea is to set it, forget it, and serve it all at the same pressure.

Do you have short beer lines? Im guessing that might be why you want to dial down the pressure? 12-13 is really what you probably want to serve at, otherwise over time you will lose that carbonation you achieved.

I believe my lines are 5 feet. I have a tower mounted on a mini fridge. I appreciate the help. I will leave it be at about 12-13 psi. It's not overly foamy. Makes a great pour.

Most of us have found that at serving pressures of 12-14 psi that 10 foot lines are best at providing an appropriate amount of resistance to keep the foaming down. The other alternative people use is the paint mixer sticks in their beer out diptubes of their corny's. There are calculators on the web which can tell you approximate line length to pressure so that you can get the best pours possible.

Back