keg lube on posts ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Is it OK to put keg lube on the keg posts ?

Reason is the disconnect seems to be having difficulty (but it goes on just fine on the other one ..

I have tried both posts,(ball lock), and it seems to require more force ..

Opinions ?

I have used a little K.L. on the posts (I have pin locks) with no adverse effects so far... I just put some on the new o-rings when re-assembling the kegs after cleaning...

Do you have one of each disconnect. They look the same but there is a difference between a gas connect and a liquid connect. You NEED 1 black 1 white or you will have this difficulty.Make sure your posts are not bot liquid posts. One should have a notch marking it the Gas In Post. If you have the right disconnects on the right post throw on some lube.

OK - I will check posts.

Yes - I have 1 of wach type of disconnect, and will put a touch of the KL on the posts ...

I knew the posts were different sizes, but I have never been able to see how to tell the difference (gas in vs beer out) ... Is there an easy way to tell the difference ?

Do you have one of each disconnect. They look the same but there is a difference between a gas connect and a liquid connect. You NEED 1 black 1 white or you will have this difficulty.Make sure your posts are not bot liquid posts. One should have a notch marking it the Gas In Post. If you have the right disconnects on the right post throw on some lube.
AS I stated above. And once you get them figured out, Some people use colored electricl tap by one post. Just make it the same on all kegs and you'll have a quick visual reference.:mug:

Good suggestion ... I got some green painters tape, and have mareked the gas sides green.

Didn't know abt the groov, so I now have groovy green gas ..

Back