Promotion party!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa-in-utah

Reaction score
Having a throw down tomorrow night for my promotion that is coming up on June 1st!!!!!!!

Looks like about 50-60 people and several brewskies. Luckily, it is at my buddies house who is getting promoted too. Better to trash his house (lol)...

As for the promotion..... I will be a Tech Sarge in Uncle Sams Air Force. That is an E-6 for you military folk!! I made this rank in 8 years, which is 4 years faster than "average" for my career field. Wish me luck as I venture into the military management world. Hopefully they don't corrupt me more than I already am!!!!!!

---- More money means more free cash to brew more brewskies........---------

yes, I have been a fast burner. It pays to study!!!!!! Made Staff my 1st time and made Tech my 2nd time. I missed it by 0.56 last cycle. That was a kick below the belt!!!

You retired Military Dude??

pa-in-utah said:
yes, I have been a fast burner. It pays to study!!!!!! Made Staff my 1st time and made Tech my 2nd time. I missed it by 0.56 last cycle. That was a kick below the belt!!!

You retired Military Dude??

Active AF E-6. 1W071A. Been in 16 years. Next week I reenlist for the LAST time, 4 more years!

Right on. Where you stationed? I am in Utah at Hill. I am 2F071 (fuelie). I know what you mean about old school and giving rank away. There have been so many new SSgt's that are a good A1C at best!!

Congratulations. My dad retired an E8 after 23 years in. He ran away from home at 17, forged his parents signatures and joined up. Retired from the AF at 40 and had time to start a whole new career in the "outside world".

I spent the first 16 years of my life living on an AFB. Amarillo, TX (closed) and the SAC Base in Plattsburgh, NY (closed). This...all during the Vietnam war. We lived 4 blocks from the flightline. Man those B-52's could rattle the house at 4:30 in the morning.

BierMuncher said:
We lived 4 blocks from the flightline. Man those B-52's could rattle the house at 4:30 in the morning.

I was engine run qualified on the C-5 Galaxy (2A551 Crew Chief) and remember those late night/early morning engine runs at Dover. I felt sorry for the Trailer park residents at the end of the runway.

The C-5 doesn't have a "manly" sounding engine, more like the whine of an upset woman (or should I say spouse to be PC).

EDIT: to say retired SrA. :rockin:

Promotions are always good. I was in the sub force in the '70s, so we had a lot of people that were very junior for their rank, both enlisted & officers. Had one golden boy that would have been the youngest Chief Petty Officer (E7) since WW2, except the executive officer was such a dork, the guy decided not to re-enlist. He was offered a bonus package that was triple his annual base and walked anyway.

I bailed after five.

Dude said:
Active AF E-6. 1W071A. Been in 16 years. Next week I reenlist for the LAST time, 4 more years!
Not really...once you get a check from Sam after retirement you guys are the first to be INVOLUNTARILY called back if he needs you...

I'm in the LAST TO CALL folder...did all my time active then some (obligation fulfilled) and got out...

I made SGT E-5 (Army, Red Leg!!) in less than 5 years. I was the first E-5 Gun Chief in that Bn.
(M110A1 8" Howitzer)...EVER .

Oh, congrats Utah!

homebrewer_99 said:
Not really...once you get a check from Sam after retirement you guys are the first to be INVOLUNTARILY called back if he needs you...

Kind of a boorish statement there bro--obviously you aren't very keen on current trends? We've been at war for 4 years and not one retired AF person has been called back to duty. In fact the Air Force has drawn down more than 20,000 members in the last 2 years. Yes, kicking people out involuntarily to reduce the force.

I'll never say never, but I think I'm pretty safe.

Shhh.. he's not allowed to talk about the experimental youth drug/immortal soldier program. That's also why he has that nervous twitch.

So when you reenlist each time do you break out in a bit of a sweat just prior?

I was a reservist in Canada when I was 17 with full intentions of joining reg force after high school/college. But at that time(early 90's) there was a lot of political bull**** going on in the armed forces and budgetary weirdness on behalf of the government. That combined with the fact that I couldn't fly helicopters because my eyesight (it wasn't that bad, but I was just slightly near sighted), I said F**K it and never bothered.

Back