Mosti Mondiale Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvolf27

Reaction score
Mosti Mondiale Summer Breeze Black Cherry Shiraz
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=8245

I started this kit Friday night, all is going well and it's starting to ferment.

One question that the directions do not address. It has a cake on top, should I stir this once or twice a day? Or leave it as is? It is starting to look a little dried out on top already. After 6 days or when my SG gets below 1.020 I am suppossed to rack to a secondary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing in there about stirring, was just wondering as I have read about stirring 2 x a day. But maybe that is just if you have fruits in it.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Stiring the mix is mostly for country wines. Have made these kits before ( 10 gal of merlot) Just leave it alone....

Wine kits are wonderful. If you do exactly as the directions say you'll end up with a very tasty product. People run into trouble by not following the instructions or trying to "improve" upon the process. I'm living proof they're almost idiot proof.

I have the Mosti Mondial Chilean Carmenere kit that I started just two days ago. It smells wonderfull! In step one of my instructions its says, "During the first 3-5 days of fermentation, thoroughly mix the must with a clean spoon to re-suspend the yeast to obtain a better fermentation". Maybe Mosti only thinks its imporatant for certain varietals but has been said I'll bet if you follow the instructions you'll be happy with the results.

Well this morning that cake was gone. Come to think of it, I think EC 1118 does that. It did the same thing with the Apfelwein. No I have a very clean surface with a lot of action going on! Couldn't be more happy at this point!

Latest posts

Back