Printing Clear Vinyl Labels at Home!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheep_Dog

Reaction score
Any suggestions for printing clear vinyl labels at home? Can it be done, if so what do you use? Thanks!

I've printed clear labels at home with some "clear sticker inkjet paper" from best buy. Not as crystal clear as I would like but looked nice. Not vinyl either, felt more like PET or something. When you say clear vinyl, I think of the static cling sticker that comes on your clock radio when you buy it (with the time printed on it) that protects the screen. THAT would be cool. I did buy some very thin clear vinyl from the fabric store that I use over the screen of my cell and GPS. Also stuck my parks pass windshield sticker to it so I can move it between cars! (cost me $.28 for a 6inch x 6foot chunk!)

It was for a wedding present mead so there were only 3 and I put them on carefully. Doing 24 would be tedious keeping the bubbles out. Actually, I did pop one small bubble with a pin.

I have had success with waterslide decal paper. I used it on pint glasses too, but they only held up for a few washes on them.

No bubbles.

Latest posts

Back