Labels for our homebrew, Witt's End

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andywitt

Reaction score
My dad had an open heart surgery in September of 2011 to replace his aortic valve because of a birth defect. After recovering well and making it through all of the rehabilitation therapy, in March of 2012 he went back into the hospital with a blood infection that had attacked his replacement valve, and he needed to have the surgery again. As circumstances worked out, I was lucky enough to be able to move home for the past nine months and keep him company while he went through recovery and rehabilitation again. One of my ideas to help lift his spirits was to brew beer!

I had always wanted to, and he had brewed some back in the 1970s before I was born, and so I figured it would be a great father-son hobby we could work on together. Our last name is Witt, and so I came up with the name "Witt's End" for our homebrew. I've attached some labels that I worked on. I think they turned out pretty good. There is an evolution to the design, but I really like the one we ended up with.

A couple of weeks ago I moved back to school, and bought enough equipment to be able to do small one or two gallon brews. I've decided to go with the label "Half-Witt" for these, since they are smaller batches. Pretty clever, huh?

Oh yeah, and we both love pipe smoking, hence the logo. My dad had to give that up because of the surgery, but I'm keeping that tradition alive.

01 - Witt's English Brown Ale.jpg

03 - Witt's End Oktoberfest 2012.jpg

04 - Witt's End Black IPA.jpg

05 - Witt's End Holiday Amber Ale.jpg

half-witt_template copy.jpg

Back