Frigidaire Kegerator Wooden Top build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesanch

Reaction score
The kegerator is almost complete. I started out with a Frigidaire Model FRC445GB. I saw this conversion on homebrewtalk.com <here>, so I knew ball lock corny kegs could fit. I used the fridge unmodified (read no tower) for a couple of years. I always had the intention of putting a tower on it, especially after I saw how good my friend’s turned out. However, my wife was somewhat against it. My father-in-law got me an awesome Firestone tap handle when he visited the brewery. I knew this meant that I was upgrading to a tower!

I followed in the footsteps of my friend. Here’s a link to his awesome build http://brokenglassbrewing.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-started-my-kegerator-build-this-past.html#more

During my researching, I found the recessed drip tray idea on homebrewtalk.com <here>. I also saw other people replacing their top with wood. I always wanted to try woodworking. This was my opportunity. The majority of the work was in the wooden top. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Kegerator Pictures

What do you guys think?

It looks pretty nice. But what's going on with the drip tray? The right end is jacked up instead of laying flat to the top. Is the wood top crowned that much?

You mention your Perlick faucets don't fit the shanks. Seems weird - are the shanks standard 7/8" x 14 threads or something else?

Cheers!

The drip tray is removable. These faucets don't drip exactly line up where the Perlicks did, so I tilted it so that the drips would flow into the tray. The wood is perfectly flat. Just a tilted tray.

The Perlick faucets didn't fit because the grooves on the shank didn't match up with the grooves on faucet. Keg connection is sending me some replacements. This seems to be a common issue: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/perlick-faucet-problem-155398/

I think the Perlicks are going back to keg connection. Just waiting on the new ones now.

I have some Eva-Drys. They are just in the other refrigerator at the moment.

Latest posts

Back