Best place to buy Perlick's, shanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebrewer

Invented the IPL
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Started searchng but Perlick is mentioned in a thousand threads so thought I would start a new one and ask: what is the best place to get 4-5 faucets and shanks? Looking to do a keezer build as I have outgrown my two keg kegerator. Looking for a great price and good customer service. Free shipping would be awesome as well. Thanks in advance!

Started searchng but Perlick is mentioned in a thousand threads so thought I would start a new one and ask: what is the best place to get 4-5 faucets and shanks? Looking to do a keezer build as I have outgrown my two keg kegerator. Looking for a great price and good customer service. Free shipping would be awesome as well. Thanks in advance!

We'd love if you check us out. You can get to our Perlicks/Shanks combos here:
http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/categories/Shanks/

And Faucets Here:
http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/categories/Faucets/

I will check you out this week birdman!

I am looking to snag 5 or so 525SS, shanks, and knobs. Looking around HBT some more, it looks like they have gone up in price quite a bit since last year. I saw several posts of low to mid $20's from 2010 and 2011 but most places are now selling for $30-$40 per 525ss. Did they inflate that quickly in price? I saw a couple of group buys that did not seem to get off the ground either...odd!

a vendor accidentally sold the 525SS for the wrong price, it took them a while to notice and judging by the folks here that bought they probably lost quite a bit of money.

That twenty dollar price for the 525's is from about two years ago before they discontinued the 425's. Since then the 525's have increased almost double.

If there is interest I guess we could try to go a group buy and perhaps one of the fine vendors on these forums would cut us all a little discount? If interested, post here and I will contact the vendors (or like BBC here, they may be monitoring and volunteer something?). If so, I think this thread moves to another forum...

I will check you out this week birdman!

I am looking to snag 5 or so 525SS, shanks, and knobs. Looking around HBT some more, it looks like they have gone up in price quite a bit since last year. I saw several posts of low to mid $20's from 2010 and 2011 but most places are now selling for $30-$40 per 525ss. Did they inflate that quickly in price? I saw a couple of group buys that did not seem to get off the ground either...odd!

Thanks for considering an HBT sponsor, stone. It keeps this community humming along!

Just to be perfectly clear and compare apples to apples, what I am looking for is everything needed for the all SS faucet assembly:

Perlick 525SS Stainless Faucet
4-1/8" stainless steel shank with ¼” bore
Stainless steel tailpiece assembly
Hex beer nut and neoprene washer
Faucet Knob
Plus shipping costs.

I will post what I find but it looks like they are going to be in the $60 ballpark with all the above taken into account. Sure would be nice to knock $5-$10 off that as I am ordering a handful of them...

I'd be interested in getting exactly what stone is looking for. I'd be wanting to buy at least 2 but possibly up to 4 depending on the price.

Just to be perfectly clear and compare apples to apples, what I am looking for is everything needed for the all SS faucet assembly:

Faucet Knob
Plus shipping costs.

I will post what I find but it looks like they are going to be in the $60 ballpark with all the above taken into account. Sure would be nice to knock $5-$10 off that as I am ordering a handful of them...

This is what RiteBrew.com has that I priced up...

843164 - Perlick Perl Faucet - Stainless Steel - $31.99
843425 - Shank Assembly 4" - Stainless Steel - $12.29
843462 - Hex Nut - $1.19
843455 - Tailpiece 1/4" - Stainless Steel - $2.29
843468 - Rubber Washer - $0.29
843240 - Black Plastic Faucet Knob - $1.69

Shipping Rates: Priority Mail $6.99 United States, MD, 20852
Tax: $0.00
Total: $56.73

For the sake of it I priced out 4 as well with UPS ground shipping.
Total = $201.94

And for Shiggles - Price on 5 is $251.89

Thanks JonGrafto! I started putting together a spreadsheet of all the vendors I have dealt with over the years (and some I hadn't) and you are spot on, RiteBrew seems to have the lowest price when all things are considered (shipping being one). They were not even on my list of vendors prior to asking the question, so thanks again for giving me (us!) more options to choose from. Only problem now is I am torn between saving money and buying from a HBT sponsor. Doh!:confused:

Faucet Knob
Plus shipping costs.

Why not just go with a chrome plated shank. I believe the SS shanks are needed for liquids that could be considered acidic, like wines.

Started searchng but Perlick is mentioned in a thousand threads so thought I would start a new one and ask: what is the best place to get 4-5 faucets and shanks?

You may want to try the "advanced" search next time and search titles only. I'm sure I've seen this asked more than once over the past few months.

I've been doing some similar research for a keezer project. I'm looking to get into kegging, so the *whole* package is what I have in mind.

The Beer Tap Store had this combo for $72.95 (plus shipping):

* Perlick 525ss stainless seal forward faucet
* 4 inch stainless steel shank
* 5 ft beer line with stainless steel tail pieces & ball lock connector
* 6 ft Co2 line with ball lock connector
* 3 inch tap handle
* 2 washers & 2 hose clamps

http://www.thebeertapstore.com/Stainless_add_a_tap_kit_for_corney_ball_lock_kegs_p/kk011.htm

It's about a $26 (+shipping) premium over the RiteBrew.com for the addition of the gas & liquid QDs, hoses, clamps. I'll have to check out what those additional items would make the package over at RiteBrew.com.

Great thread!!

I've been doing some similar research for a keezer project. I'm looking to get into kegging, so the *whole* package is what I have in mind.

The Beer Tap Store had this combo for $72.95 (plus shipping):

* Perlick 525ss stainless seal forward faucet
* 4 inch stainless steel shank
* 5 ft beer line with stainless steel tail pieces & ball lock connector
* 6 ft Co2 line with ball lock connector
* 3 inch tap handle
* 2 washers & 2 hose clamps

http://www.thebeertapstore.com/Stainless_add_a_tap_kit_for_corney_ball_lock_kegs_p/kk011.htm

It's about a $26 (+shipping) premium over the RiteBrew.com for the addition of the gas & liquid QDs, hoses, clamps. I'll have to check out what those additional items would make the package over at RiteBrew.com.

Great thread!!

You're still going to need a regulator and co2 tank, and a manifold if you are planning more than 1 keg. Oh, and a keg

So you'll need at least This kit from the Beer Tap Store for 113 or you could get a kit from Keg connection for $55 and a faucet, shank and handle from Rite Brew for $45.37 total $100

You're still going to need a regulator and co2 tank, and a manifold if you are planning more than 1 keg. Oh, and a keg

So you'll need at least This kit from the Beer Tap Store for 113 or you could get a kit from Keg connection for $55 and a faucet, shank and handle from Rite Brew for $45.37 total $100

Yes, absolutely. Been doing a fair amount of CL scouring the past few weeks and got those items worked out. Saw RiteBrew has $36 used kegs before shipping, so going to grab one more for my third. Amazing prices.

kleinishere said:
Yes, absolutely. Been doing a fair amount of CL scouring the past few weeks and got those items worked out. Saw RiteBrew has $36 used kegs before shipping, so going to grab one more for my third. Amazing prices.

Can't beat their shipping discount either.
Love that place.

Back