Frambozen = sinkpour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvestinkle

Reaction score
I'm not one to diss New Belgium; they're pretty reliably yummy. But wow, Frambozen should never have made it out of the testing phase. It tastes like raspberry juice that several smokers have dropped their cigarette butts into.

Do people enjoy this stuff? What beer better represents the style New Belgium's going for with this? Is it worth seeking out?

I don't like the stuff either, but it must have a following, because they put it out every year, something that can't be said for my favorite thing they ever produced, the Bier de Mars.

New Belgium says that it is made with a brown ale base. As I understand it, your standard Belgian raspberry beer is a lambic. The all-knowing Wikipedia does say that the Liefmans brewery in Belgium uses an Oud Bruin beer as its base in its framboise, so I guess the idea of a brown ale supplemented with raspberries is not unheard of. But based on my reaction to Frambozen, I don't know if I would drop whatever it costs on a Liefmans Framboise to see how it matches up.

Back