Poll: White Labs or Wyeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Labs or Wyeast

• White Labs

• Wyeast

Results are only viewable after voting.
All I've ever used is WL. Easy, no prep, no need to "smak" and I've had great success, so far.

WL is all I can get locally. I'm still baffled with all the banging of a smack pack to create a mini-starter thingie with Wyeast. Cut it open and create a real starter ;). I'm certain that both have different tastes but I only know what I know...

I cant vote for either, as Ive had good results with both. I havent had to worry about either brand, as each provide excellent fermentation.

My previous batch was brewed with WYeast 1020 London Ale yeast and it was furiously fermenting for 2 weeks. I left this one go in the primary for the 2 weeks, and after I transfered to the secondary, it was ready to keg in a couple days.

I recently brewed my version of a West Coast IPA and used WL's brand new Pacific Ale WLP041, and its been steadily fermenting for a week and a half with a thick head of krausen which is still nice and thick.

I will continue to use both, and enjoy the spoils of both.

The quality of both is excellent. My main concern is which brand has the exact strain that I want to use.
If both have the same strain I go with WLP, as a member of their customer club I can send in empty tubes and get free yeast.

Back