Summer Shandy Recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
I have a few requests from the girlfriend and friends who LOVE linies summer shandy and want me to brew up some for the kegerator. I dont want to deal with mixing it per glass as I dont have much room to store a bunch of lemonade. Here is what i was thinking:

1. brew up a general wheat beer (nothing fancy) let it ferment out.
2. Add gelatin to get the yeast to drop out
3. Add Campden Tablets to stop the yeast from re-fermenting
4. Mix in lemonade to taste
5. Carb and enjoy!

I would like to keep the recipe simple and make a 5 gallon batch at 8% ABV with 24 IBU so when it is diluted it will be around 4% ABV and 12 IBU.

60% wheat
40% 2-row
Cluster 60 min
Mash at 152F.
Notty at 60F

other options would include making a wheat beer and adding crystal light lemonade packets at kegging to taste as to not worry about brewing up 5 gal of 8% ABV to have the mix taste terrible. This way if i try it with a small amount and it comes out terrible ill just drink the wheat without anything or may add strawberries to spice it up

I have the finest shandy recipe ever conceived. It's a lager, but it kicks major ass.
Brew this. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f58/schmipielschaerheingoldter-97553/

Go buy a bottle of St.Germain's elderflower liquor( yes, i know) A shot in the bottom of the glass with a dash of lemon juice, fill glass and watch the panties hit the floor. This recipe is guaranteed, it's stupid good. Not to mention the lager may be the finest "lawnmower" beer i've ever tasted.

_

Latest posts

Back