Carboy brush is a PITA..cant touch the sides of carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
Problem solved ..Took my dumb ass long enough..I just bent the brush to a 90 degree angle then bent the wire handle part and i was able to reach the side of the carboy..Needless to say im getting that carboy cleaner thing with the drill..carboy brushes suck

I did an IPA in the left carboy and a 90 point chocolate stout in the right. This shot was right after I racked both brews.

ab_jan_04_2012_07.jpg

And this shot was taken a couple of hours later after two tablespoons of scent-free Oxyclean in warm water (~120°F) had done its thing.

ab_jan_04_2012_10.jpg

Spotless glass. No brush needed...

ab_jan_04_2012_11.jpg

Cheers!

I did an IPA in the left carboy and a 90 point chocolate stout in the right. This shot was right after I racked both brews.

ab_jan_04_2012_07.jpg

And this shot was taken a couple of hours later after two tablespoons of scent-free Oxyclean in warm water (~120°F) had done its thing.

ab_jan_04_2012_10.jpg

Spotless glass. No brush needed...

ab_jan_04_2012_11.jpg

Cheers!

Damn.. spotless.. I soaked in oxi clean free for a few hours also but still have this crud that does not want to come off

I use better bottles and have never had the need to brush them. Hot PBW/Oxi-Clean does it every time.

What was your concentration?

I use better bottles and have never had the need to brush them. Hot PBW/Oxi-Clean does it every time.

What was your concentration?

Line 2(I guess its 2 tbsp) on the scooper to the brim of the 6.5g carboy

Stupid question... But are you sure you are using a carbon brush and not a bottle brush? I do the soak thing, but occasionally I'll get something I want the brush for. Reaching all sides and the bottom isn't really a problem though...

Stupid question... But are you sure you are using a carbon brush and not a bottle brush? I do the soak thing, but occasionally I'll get something I want the brush for. Reaching all sides and the bottom isn't really a problem though...

Yup its a carboy brush..but i finally bent it properly to reach the side..took my dumb ass long enough haha

Latest posts

Back