welding / electrical help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
So i picked up a hobart 135 machine to weld up my brewstand from craigslist for 250. I got it home closed my eyes and ran a half inch bead. It cam out fine and the machine sounded great and steady. I cut all my steel today and went to tack some pieves of scrap to adjust wire feed and voltage when the feed stopped. I thought it arced to the tip and was stuck but that was not the case.... Bottom line, no tip on the gun, tension wheel released and flipped back and the drive wheel still isnt spinning. I did not exceed duty cycle, all wires appear to be makin contact, drive wheel just wont spin... any ideas???!!!!! I took a vacation day tomarrow to weld this so itll suck if there is a major issue

Stupid question, have you checked the breaker?

The breaker my welder sits on happens to be shared with the bathroom on the other side of the wall. When a female in the house decides to blowdry her hair I can't weld, just pop the breaker as soon as I start that same welder.

I got it... not as bad as the breaker but this welder is not really variable.... it is either 1 2 3 or 4... anything in between and the no wie feed... thaks for the help

Yeah Hobart welders are not like Miller welders with infinite adjustment, they have set points to make it easier for hobby welders. Love my 135, it has been able to do everything I have wanted from it at this point. Yeah the DC is a little light but I have only pushed that on two occasions, both times welding something for an impatient neighbor.

R
Yeah Hobart welders are not like Miller welders with infinite adjustment, they have set points to make it easier for hobby welders. Love my 135, it has been able to do everything I have wanted from it at this point. Yeah the DC is a little light but I have only pushed that on two occasions, both times welding something for an impatient neighbor.

Running so--so now.... nothing like 100% 480 machines at work...

Back