Quick bottling question (in process now)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switters

Reaction score
I'm bottling today. I just realized I may be lacking some equipment. The beer is in a 6.5 gallon carboy right now. I have an auto-sipon and 6 foot piece of 3/8" tubing to transfer it to a bottling bucket, where I'll add the boiled sugar and a bit of cold-pressed coffee. I also have a Fermtech bottle filler.

What I don't have is a short length of 3/8" tubing that can connect the spigot on the bottling bucket to the Fermtech bottle filler.

Should I cut down the 6-foot length of 3/8" tubing after I'm done siphoning to the bottling bucket, and then attach it to the spigot on the bottling bucket and the bottle filler?

Yeah, just cut a couple inches of tubing off the length you have.

Yes, you just cut a piece off your original tubing and use it as a "bridge" connector.

I don't know if it's clear in this picture from my thread but it's just a piece of the original tubing and a couple of plastic hose clamps.

bottling_wand.jpg

Yes, you just cut a piece off your original tubing and use it as a "bridge" connector.

I don't know if it's clear in this picture from my thread but it's just a piece of the original tubing and a couple of plastic hose clamps.

This made my bottling day so much easier...Everyone needs to use it.

Latest posts

Back