Blueberry pomegrante

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchboy62

Reaction score
I just bought 1/2 gal of blueberry pomengrante juice I have about 7 lbs of honey laying around any ideas? I only have montrechet and bakers yeast on hand. Let me know

just out of curiosity where do you simply pick up 7 POUNDS of honey? and can you use bakers yeast for brewing (the little packets at the grocery)? I'm a n00b :mug:

Last year I planned on making a bunch of mead and my grocery store had bottles of clover honey so I would pick one up everytime I went shopping. Bakers yeast are the little packets at the grocery store. Some people use it some dont. There is a good recipe for joes ancient orange mead on this site that calls for it. Search it out it is supposed to be great mine is still in the primary though. If you are interested in making mead it is a good first choice very easy.

I just bought 1/2 gal of blueberry pomengrante juice I have about 7 lbs of honey laying around any ideas? I only have montrechet and bakers yeast on hand. Let me know

I've made two batches in the past couple of years using Old Orchard B/P juice and alfalfa honey. I make it in a "quick" style so that it drops clear quickly and then I bottle it in swing tops and crown caps. In another 3-4 months I have sparkling B/P mead.

Your recipe looks pretty good. Any idea how much I could make with 1/2 gal of juice? I was thinking

1/2 gal juice
4 lbs of honey
water to equal 2 gal.

Does this sound to thick or to watery?

Back