I'm a Sucker for Old Photos......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
I was talking to my Dad a while back, as I often do. We got to talking about a little old ship he served aboard when he was in the Navy. Out of curiosity, I googled for it, and found this:

http://www.navsource.org/archives/10/14226.htm

Good bit of info about the little ship, as well as a few photos. Could you imagine crossing the Pacific 4 times on a ship like that? It's max speed was 13 knots.

He went aboard that ship, his first assignment, in late 1951. He's not in the "crew photo" (5th from the top), but knew most of the guys in there.

He's in the next photo down, though. He's in the back row (on your left), and the 11th from the bottom of your screen. It's easiest to just count their hats. :D He's kind of conspicuous, because he's leaning farther forward than the others.

He was shocked and amazed to know that all this info on his ship was available, let alone pics of himself and his old buddies were out there. He got reassigned to a small carrier after this ship, but this one is the one he talks about the most.

Anyone else got some cool old photos?

Back