Free Beer for all the Ruggers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Sound off, ruggers.

I know there's some of us here.

I'll go first - play prop or hooker as need arises, though I've been known to wear a #6 or #7 at times. Play for the Roses based in Lancaster, PA - we were D2 MARFU Champs this past spring and travelled to Denver for a shot at the National Title and came up #4 in the nation.

I'll add to the list even though I haven't played in almost 5 years. Played mostly wing in college for Marist College RFC. Dont remember the division though. I've been thinking about joining a local club (Hartford Wanderers I think) but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Where's the beer?! I play for Southeastern Louisiana University and we were the Divison II Deep South Champions in '05 and '06. I started out playing #6 and #7, then moved to inside and outside center, and now I play flyhalf. I'll play scrummy too if I have to. In the summer, I play 7's for the S.L.U.T.S. and travel all over the south. The socials and commaderie from all the rugby players makes this the best sport ever. And a little something for the ladies to remember; Rugby players know 15 differnt positions and can last for 80 minutes without protection.

i played fly in high school but moved to scrum after i came back from the army(i put on about 40lbs) played there for a couple years and then went to 2nd shift and haven't played in about 10. oh yeah local club called the battle creek griffons.

Hey Eriktlupus--I playted against the Griffons a number of times when I was at Michigan State Back in the stone ages. We always had a good match w/ them.

I played a couple years in high school, a long long time ago. I was a winger and what we called a blindside.

i played fly in high school but moved to scrum after i came back from the army(i put on about 40lbs) played there for a couple years and then went to 2nd shift and haven't played in about 10. oh yeah local club called the battle creek griffons.

Erik - you know Dr. Death, Sack-O or Scooter? Played with those guys up in Saranac Lake this past August as the Pequea Exiles.

Hey Eriktlupus--I playted against the Griffons a number of times when I was at Michigan State Back in the stone ages. We always had a good match w/ them.
if your stone ages were the late 80's early 90's then we probably drank together afterward too.

Erik - you know Dr. Death, Sack-O or Scooter? Played with those guys up in Saranac Lake this past August as the Pequea Exiles.

those dont ring a bell except for scooter and i'm not sure they are the same. i haven't been around them for 10yr+ now so they are likely a different crew for the most part.

If you guys want some memories of those debauchours days, it is MURFC's 40th reunion in 2 weeks and we just got 2 books full of rugby songs emailed to us younger/current ruggers so we can warm up our pipes for the event. If you want a copy pm me or tell me how to post the books they are pdf's and each about 70 pages of songs and other rugby traditions.

Haha my damn roommate used to wake me up doing that chant. He plays rugby for Virginia Tech, can't remember his position.

Latest posts

Back