Apfelwein Marinated Grilled Catfish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
Over the long holiday weekend I made some grilled catfish that was a home run with all:

4 fillets
1 lime
Fresh dill
1 bottle of Apfelwein

Covered the fillets in apfelwein, soaked for 30 minutes in a tupperware containter. Poured off the majority of the liquid, leaving just a little bit in the bottom of the container. Threw in a number of lightly crushed sprigs of dill, squeezed the lime juice then sliced the lime and tossed that in. Let this sit for another 15-20 minutes then on to the grill. Grilled both sides until cooked through out. The fillets came off the grill with tons of great flavor and were super moist.

Yummm I was thinking about apfelwien pork loin. I'd like to use a meat injector to get in there real deep. I'll let you know how it turns out. I love cooking with booze.

The one great thing about this one was that the flavor of the apfelwien, dill and lime all came through with the fish, complimented each other.

Pork loin marinated in apfel sounds mighty tasty!

Back