New in Roxboro, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotdane

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and wanted to say "hi". I've brewed 15 batches so far, mostly extract and extract with steeped grains. Lately I've been away from known recipes and playing around learning & screwing-up (did a bath w/ carspils I did not know needed grinding) but so far even the oops batches have been pretty good. This spring I planted four varieties of hops (cascade, sterling, nugget, magnum).

Seriously! What's with all the NC folk??? Welcome aboard. You ordering online or using one of the LHBSs???

Seriously! What's with all the NC folk??? Welcome aboard. You ordering online or using one of the LHBSs???

"...one of the LHBSs???" Does that mean there is more than one? I only know of Brew Master Store in Durham. I try to stop in whenever I get to that side town, but that only happens every couple months. Unfortunatley for local business, most of my supplies come in a brown truck.

I'm getting excited that there are other brewers in the area. I thought I was the only one with crazy ideas like: hops are good and beer should have flavor.

"...one of the LHBSs???" Does that mean there is more than one? I only know of Brew Master Store in Durham. I try to stop in whenever I get to that side town, but that only happens every couple months. Unfortunatley for local business, most of my supplies come in a brown truck.

Check out American Brewmaster in Raleigh - Mark is great and all of the employees know their stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the NC homebrew scene! Craft brew is really heating up in The Triangle, with (at least) 3 new microbreweries open in the last 6 months. Seeing all of the homebrewers in the area, I'm not so surprised any more.

Hello and Welcome from over in Greensboro.

Roxboro is a nice town. We used to go to a couple of bluegrass festivals in Roxboro. I don't think they have them anymore. But, it was fun while it lasted.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Couple weeks ago I went to American Brew master and Tir-Na-Nog brewing class held at Tir-Na-Nog in Raleigh (great place to eat and drink). It was a beginner’s class and must have been 20 or so in the class either new to brewing or just checking out a different way of brewing. Mark indicated that he may hold an AG brewing class at Tir-Na-Nog in next couple months. They brewed up a beer, answered questions, sampled beer and gave out coupons for the Store. It was a $20 charge.

Tir-Na-Nog also had an Aviator (micro-brewer) dinner on a Thursday were the chef and aviator brewer teamed up to pair food with beer. That was a good time with good Irish music. $25 cover charge. Sampled three courses, then a stout and chocolate ice cream desert (yum-yum).

I'm afraid Raleigh does not count as local for me. It takes a solid hour to get to RDU and most things in Raleigh seem to be 1 1/2hr away. Even the brew store in Durham is a good 45min.

Back