For those of you who like a little technology with your beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

febbrewro

Reaction score
These guys from yelp.com created an ipad application that connects to a kegerator. Before you pour, you sign in via RFID, and the application tells you things like keg temp, flow rate, info about the beer, how much beer is left in the keg, and even allows you to rate the beer and find out who else has poured it.

What's really cool is that you can check the status of your keg via the web, so you can truly find out of your roommates are stealing your beer :D

http://technorati.com/videos/articl...eg/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's pretty cool stuff and all, but it looks more like they're just looking for a reason to make something :p

I mean seriously, I could care less if people are drinking my beer...and that iPad could be put to better use measuring temps, flow rates, etc in a brewing rig. Kudos to them for finding another use for RFID tags though.

Yeah, this is definitely all it was. They had a day to work on nifty coding projects, so they made that. It certainly could be more usable (I don't have a spare jailbroken iPad sitting around) but I like the concept.

Latest posts

Back