Homebrew clubs in Vermont / Northern VT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewkinger

Testing... testing...is this frigger on?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I live in the Newport, VT area and just recently started homebrewing. I am wondering if there is a club in this area and if not is there anyone interested in starting one?:tank::mug:

I think there is a club in the Burlington area. I grew up that way but am now in Rutland. I would love to find some home brewers down this way.

Gonna bump this thread because I have networked and found a couple other interested people.

We decided to just start our own club up here in the NEK and see where it goes from there.

If interested, feel free to PM me.:mug:

Update: first meeting last night was a great success.
9 people showed up and 4 others that are interested but could not make it.
Wide variety of experience levels, wine lovers, beer drinkers and a couple of mead enthusiasts.
Basically a meet and greet and drinking some delicious craft beers.
Had my first Mass Rising DIPL.
Interesting......

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

AHA Big Brew Day completed.

12.5 gallons of beer made, visits from friends/brewers followed by wonderful BBQ ribs, chicken, beans, pasta salad and of course BEER!

Plus, the first shipment of Bubbas Smoker arrived today. Still can't believe I won this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bumping again.

The plans for BIG BREW DAY 2015 are coming together nicely.

Looks like we will be in Gardner Park on the shores of beautiful Lake Memphremagog.

Kid friendly environment.

Running water, electricity, shade trees and hopefully good weather.

Rag-tag Brew Club is also coming together. 7 individuals will be brewing with wives and kids frolicking about.

Pull pork shoulder on the smoker.
BBQ chicken halves on the Cali grill.

Come on up and see us.:mug:

Brew Day was a success. After one of the most frigid winters that I can remember, it finally all melted and we had a gorgeous day of 75 degrees.
12 gallons of beer made, 12 attendees that came for demonstration and how to lessons.
Good food and good people.
Fun

Calling out to anyone interested in our little rag tag group up here in the middle of nowhere in Vermont.

Brewkinger - we started a HB club in So. VT last year. We have had monthly meetings. We've asked members to bring a friend/brewer, have a FB page, I post here, etc. but we haven't really had a lot of new members since our initial meetings.

Last month we hosted a 'Learn to Brew' day. I sent an email to various newspapers to announce the meeting and we had the best new turnout since we started.

That's just a long way of saying you may want to ask a local newspaper to run a story about the club (or just post your pre-drafted announcement) as it will likely spread your word more effectively.

Brewkinger - we started a HB club in So. VT last year. We have had monthly meetings. We've asked members to bring a friend/brewer, have a FB page, I post here, etc. but we haven't really had a lot of new members since our initial meetings.

Last month we hosted a 'Learn to Brew' day. I sent an email to various newspapers to announce the meeting and we had the best new turnout since we started.

That's just a long way of saying you may want to ask a local newspaper to run a story about the club (or just post your pre-drafted announcement) as it will likely spread your word more effectively.

I did the same sorts of things.
Hosted a learn to Homebrew Day last November, did a big gathering for big brew day last may.
We had 4 brewers and about 10 guests.
Went to new York last weekend to a friends to teach him how to homebrew.

We currently have 4 active members and 5 interested people that show up to help brew and cook food etc...

I figure that word will spread and if it doesn't then "more beer for us" is our mantra.

Back