FG question on my Arrogant Bastard clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So the SG was 1.071 and the projected FG was 1.018. I'm at 1.023 right now and have been since Saturday. I used an old smack pack of Pac man and was wondering if I should just bottle it this weekend or maybe throw some Nottingham in there and see if they pick up the slack? The taste is right on and the fermentation was exactly where it should be for Pac Man; 60 degrees.

Dan

Sorry, it was a PM with about 7.5 lb LME and 3 pounds grains. My efficiency sucked at about 60% so my OG was lower than expected.

It was in primary for 10 days and it's been in secondary for 7 days. It's been a slow fermentation and my guess is because the pac man was old. There hasn't been much activity since I transferred it to secondary.

Dan

Nimrod3388 said:
Could have been not enough yeast. Yeast starter?
Yeah I made a starter but it wasn't all that active. I did have a decent start to fermentation but compared to some other brews using Pac Man it was a bit tame.

Dan

I had the same problem with ABA clone as well, but mine was an extract kit. My OG was 1.078 and my FG seemed stuck at 1.024, so after 3 weeks I went ahead and pitched another packet of Nottingham yeast. 1 week later I'm down to the target 1.018 FG.

Brett3rThanU said:
I had the same problem with ABA clone as well, but mine was an extract kit. My OG was 1.078 and my FG seemed stuck at 1.024, so after 3 weeks I went ahead and pitched another packet of Nottingham yeast. 1 week later I'm down to the target 1.018 FG.
Thanks, I have a bunch of nottingham packets, I'm going to throw one in. We shall see.

Dan

Back