Bargain Fittings Bulkhead for a Coleman Xtreme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleepleus

Reaction score
So I just ordered a 70qt Coleman Xtreme, as my 10gallon Home Depot cooler is getting a little tight lately with some of my batches. I really don't want to repeat the searching every hardware store in town for the correct parts to build this mash tun, so I plan on just ordering the Cooler Bulkhead kit from Bargainfittings.com. They ask what type cooler it is, and since the cooler is not in my possession yet (gotta love Amazon), I don't know the wall thickness. The options are 1.5", 2.0", or 2.5". Anyone with this cooler want to help a brotha out?

I used the Coleman Xtreme 52 qt cooler for my MLT and the 2" thick bulkhead kit from bargainfittings worked perfect. I would assume the thickness between the 52qt and 70qt are not that different.

Thanks guys. Pstrohs, did you have to dremel or cut your cooler in any way to get the kit to work?

I know the models and sizes have different wall thickness at the spigots. If I get time today I'll see if one of the local stores has this and make note of how thick the wall is at the spigot.

Wayne.

I got a hold of my buddies and measured. It looks to be 2", so I ordered the kit from you already Wayne. Do you know by chance if I will need to modify the cooler wall itself to make this work?

Will do. I'm really excited that Bargain Fittings has these kits! I really had a pain of a time finding all the parts 5years ago when I did my round cooler. I think it sat there for like 2 months without being used, just because I was getting so frustrated and fed up with searching!

Back