I killed my beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raffie

Reaction score
I waiting till bubbles was once every 2 minutes.

Xfered to 2nd fermentor and now its dead stop. Never had this happen before.

I see a few bubbles going but my air lock never bloops.

RDWHAHB, once you transfer to the secondary the fermentation is essentially over and you are using that vessle for clarification and aging.

cheers

All other beers I xfered to the 2nd one they still kept going and at a good pace.

Weird.

this batch is doing the right thing! You should move to the secondary tank for clarifying and conditioning after the primary fermentation is over. I use the 1-2-3 rule- One week in primary (or more), two weeks in secondary, three in the bottle. Usually I leave it in the primary for 10 days or so, because of my work schedule.

This just means you transfered your previous beers a bit too early. If you rack before fermentation is done, you're just going to get additional sediment in your secondary. I like to wait untill all activity has stopped and it actually begins to clear. THEN I rack it. What that means is most batches sit in primary for 10-14 days. This is tough if you don't brew enough, you get anxious.

LarMoeCur said:
Put is in bottles and send it to me I'll make sure it gets desposed of properly.

Oh ok... gee 'wiz' I hope thats beer I'm putting in the bottle.:)

I just keged and added co2.

in 2 weeks I'll take a hit and see how it is.

I now got all 4 kegs filled up.

Bass Ale
Experimental one
Experimental Honey Pilsner
Modified Newcastle Nut Brown Ale

Latest posts

Back