20lbs CO2 Tank - How many Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stark

Reaction score
Just a general curiousity. I am now the proud owner of a 20lbs co2 tank, which is a first in my rather fresh entry into Kegging my brews. I was pondering, if I am using 1.5-2 Atmosphere's to charge my 5 gal kegs, roughly, how many kegs could I go through before I can expect to take this guy down to refill him?

Hope I asked this right, suffering from a bit of Ferret Syndrome today at work, too much stuff going on today. :confused:

Well that is easy enough to remember. So the way my friends family and myself go through my brews, going to have to charge that puppy every month. LOL

Thank you Bobby!

I have a 20lb tank that has been serving my 2 kegs for going on almost 3 years now. I have a seperate tank I use to purge my kegs and seal them. I don't force carb however.

I have a 20lb tank that has been serving my 2 kegs for going on almost 3 years now. I have a seperate tank I use to purge my kegs and seal them. I don't force carb however.
Yeah. I have a 10lb on the basement fridge. Only use it to push beer. Bought and filled it in November of 2007. It's had 2-4 kegs on it all this time and I haven't refilled it yet! :)

The 5lb tank that I use for purging, making seltzer and driving the up-stairs kegs is another story. :(

My 20lb keg lasted me about 8 months. Force carbing close to 80 G of beer, three kegs of rootbeer for the kiddling, purging airspace in wine carboy and serving three 1/6bbls and one 1/2bbl commercial kegs.

I swap out at the local airgas drop off for about $18 bucks out the door.

2693197010_3391afcdbe.jpg

Back