Easiest material to use for a single tier system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have just one pump, one propane burner. I will probably buy another burner down the road. I have no welding skills. I can do the basics with wood. What would be a good material for someone with little building skills?

I'm running a direct fired RIMS and essentially just use two burners for stands and a wooden tower for the cooler HLT. The cooler eliminates the need for a third kettle/burner and the cooler maintains the sparge water temps no problem. I heat the sparge water in the BK while also heating the strike water. Then pump the heated sparge water up to the HLT which frees up the pump to use for the mash recirc. I gravity feed the sparge water and pump the runoff to the boil kettle. I don't have the room to store a regular rig. The wooden tower is only 2 ft x 2 ft and I can store much of the brewing equipment on its shelves including both burners, the pump, the cooler and the chiller. Makes for fairly compact storage.

Back