New to the Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoBo19

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is all completely new to me. Im interested in attempting to brew a cider. Just looking for any helpful tips,info,direction. Anything would be great! Like I said this is all new, so it will be alittle experiment. Thanks again!

For your 1st attempt, you might follow a reasonably simple recipe. It'll give you an idea of how things work & what all is involved; and being a tried & true recipe, you'll have something tasty to drink & share with your friends. Then go on to a more difficult recipe & do it again. All the while reading & posting here on HBT, learning ever more valuable knowledge to make better brews. Then try either tweaking an existing recipe or formulating your own recipes; go from there. :tank:
Regards, GF.

Awesome. I'll be sure to do that. I am currently still looking into getting all the material needed. I'll be sure to attempt that recipe. Thanks!

Qhrumphf said:
Haven't tried this one, but I do something similar (use a different yeast and apple juice concentrate in place of simple sugar), but a lot of folks seem to love this recipe, and it's simple.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/edworts-apfelwein-33986/

Apfelwein was my first brew a couple months ago. Easy and cheap. You'll need to sweeten it at the end if you want a sweeter cider. If you want something sweeter that doesn't take months before it's good, maybe try the 5 day sweet cider.in the recipe section. Never tried it yet myself.

Back