Roaring Bull Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
In case you didn't catch it in the general chit chat or just so it gets archived here onces it lost there...

I just wanted to give some mad graphic design props to billpa. I requisitioned his services and he did a spectacular job of working with me to get the final product I envisioned. He output these spectacular labels (and the logo on them)... Here's the first label in 2 different colors... and a shot of the logo alone after that!

Enjoy!

RoughLabel1LowResResize.jpg

RoughLabel2LowResResize.jpg

RoaringBullLogo1-LowResResize.jpg

Brewtopia said:
Those are outstanding.

Thanks for the props! That means alot coming from you Brewtopia.

I made a Photoshop file for the labels so SilkkyBrew can edit everything from the beer name and description to the background color. That way he can customize it the way he wants...and quickly. Of course I cant do this for everyone unless they own Photoshop (which can be pricey)

BTW, nice choice of color Steve! Im glad the labels are working out for you. Send me a pic of some final products when you get done.

Cheers,
Bill

^ Sure thing bill. I'll have pics of the six packs (some flip top, some normal) tonight... :ban:

The label is working great and is super-easy to work with. I'll enjoy 'color-coding' my different styles of beer at any given time. :)

I also ordered some cafepress stuff using the provided logos. Once I ensure the steins, etc. turn out nicely, I'll get one and have it shipped your way. I already have the address! :)

Excellent! Im working on the couple of little files you needed for your other cafepress stuff. Should be done by end of day today...just fitting time in here and there.

Bill

Thanks! I'm in love with them also! :) Wish I had a better way to apply them than glue stick though. It took me a good amount of time to do up just 12 bottles... Ah well, so worth it!!

I've always heard of the milk thing and gave it a quick try once to no good avail. I made my labels soggy, etc. Guess I need to search for the proper way to do this... :)

Steve,

Those look sharp!! They look better than I thought they would.

Ive heard that milk works real well. I hardly label bottles but when I do, I use 3M spray mount. Its basically spray on rubber cement. Just spray the back of the label and stick on. Not sure how easy they are to pull off as I have yet to get back a bottle with a label on it (usually give them away as gifts)

Anyhow, looks great!

Bill

yeah, the milk method is kickass. It works great. Plus, the labels still come off when you want them too, but dont fall off until then.

btw, what dimensions are your labels? They look great on the bottle.

Labels are 'roughly' 4x4 in size. It's really something like 3 3/4" x 3 7/8" or something, but you get the idea! ;)

I basically measured a label I liked on a commercial bottle of Harpoon IPA and that's what size it was, so I ran with it.

Re: the glue - It definitely stays on there without issue as long as I want it to and comes off easily with just warm water and a little soap. Less messy than milk I assume, also. I guess I just don't like taking the time to apply any type of adhesive. I need to find some 4x4 stickers or something for use... but then again they might not come off so easy.

Back