It's not gonna stop....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
I've got a brew going now that is ....really active. I put it together upon request of a buddy, he wanted real simple, just a "can and a kilo" type of thing. Anyhow, I brewed Tuesday, and it's still chugging along today. I mean 2-3 bubbles every 3-4 seconds. I rehydrated the yeast before pitching, at the beginning of the brew and by the time everyone cooled down to pitch temps the cup had doubled in size, and was burping. I haven't had one quite this active EVER. Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried but I am REALLLLLY curious as how good this one's going to be.
:mug:Cheers!

Hey, I don't know how they do things in the American Southwest, but 'round these parts, we don't double post, ya hear.

What temp do you have the beer at? It's only been a few days, so don't worry, I have had regular gravity ales takes over a week to finish fermenting.

Well. let's see. House is at 70, but airleaks allowed for at 10 below, probably right around 63-65. The yeast was (is?) just a foil pack of Coopers, rehydrated before pitch. It was pretty active before Read original post) BTW, it's still bubbling and I think it just said "give me that bacon". Hmmmm...

Well, as long as it has a taste for bacon, then I think everything is gonna be just fine.

Those temps are good, 63 may be a bit low so that's why it's taking it's time, but no problems. You should try to keep the temps as stable as possible, but you're doing a good job keeping them at or just under 70. Give it another couple weeks or so and I bet it will be ready for bottles.

Back