The MoreBeer Cooler Bulkhead - Possible Hardware Store DIY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serum67

Reaction score
phpThumb.php

I want to use one of my SS 1/2" NPT thermometers on my 10gal rubbermaid cooler mashtun and came across this from Morebeer. It says its High-Temp plastic. Can I get the parts for this @ a hardware store? I know I could do Pol's version with a #5.5 Stopper, but this looks a little more leak-proof. Thanks in advance!
:mug:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/17506//Bulkhead_for_Coolers_with_1_2"_FPT_x_1_2"_FPT

Thanks for the link. Hmm... no indication of high-temp. i wonder if I could find one at a local pet store / aquarium store.

They would work with a mash tun (used them before), but usually they are hard to find at an aquarium store. You'll have to go to an all saltwater fish store, or a really nice freshwater or saltwater store. Pet stores like petsmart or petco do not cary them

For mash tun temps, you should be able to use a cpvc or hdpe bulkhead fitting. If you search the web, you should be able to find one at a price more competitive than one sold by a hobby supplier.

Back