Beersmith: Infusions with specified temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocBrown

Reaction score
I really like Beersmith, and I've upgraded to version 2, but I'm a little annoyed with how successive infusions are calculated. Once I've got my mash going, I want to step up the temperature or perform a mash-out. In either case, I'm trying to raise the temperature of the mash and I don't care so much about the water-grain ratio. In fact, I'd rather just add boiling water. However, the infusion editor only allows me to edit the volume or the water-grain ratio, and it calculates the required temperature. Now, I can just tweak the volume until I get a temperature around 210-212, but I'd rather just be able to enter 212 in for the temperature and let it calculate the correct volume.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe that was my problem, I tried to add a protein rest step and it kept telling me that I need either -.13lbs of grain or I needed a temperature of -3113F. I posted on the Beersmith forum..now I just remembered that I should go check the thread...

Back