Anyone Else Hit the Gym on Their Lunch Hour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else does this. I used to go after work---instead of taking a lunch break, I'd just leave an hour early and do it then. But after a few instances where my boss needed to talk to me about something after 4 and I wasn't around, he asked that I take my lunch hour in the middle of the day. So I go around noon. The gym is not nearly as crowded as it is in the evenings...I swear, if you go at 5, you gotta wait in line just to use the benches. So I really like going in the middle of the day. Only thing is, during the summer, it's hot as hell and I end up sweaty until I cool off with my desk fan. Even with cold showers.

Weird thing is, some days it invigorates me and gives me energy for the rest of the day...other days it just wears me out and I'm tired for the rest of the day. I can't seem to figure out the rhyme or reason behind it.

So does anyone else do the lunch-hour thing? How do you typically feel for the rest of the day?

I usually work out early in the morning, between 6:30-7:30 am. And I split my workout for that day. Half in the morning and half after 6:00 pm. Makes me feel ready to go for the day. I can tell you why you may feel tired on some of your days. It usually depends on what you've eaten or drank the night before and also the amount of quality sleep that you get. Sometimes I feel like Siht but I still go and atleast do something. On days that I don't, I feel terrible like I've missed something.

I go running during lunch. I'm just like you, Evan. most of the time I feel kick ass, but sometimes I'm ready to pass out... and since I work from home, lots of times I do. It's horrible, taking a nap during the day makes me feel like ****.

WIsh I could figure it out as well, but it's no biggie. I don't have to report to a boss...

seefresh said:
I go running during lunch. I'm just like you, Evan. most of the time I feel kick ass, but sometimes I'm ready to pass out... and since I work from home, lots of times I do. It's horrible, taking a nap during the day makes me feel like ****.

WIsh I could figure it out as well, but it's no biggie. I don't have to report to a boss...

I hear that. Falling asleep in meetings isn't so bad when you're the only one at the meeting :p

I get my workout during work hours by wearing coveralls, respirator and running a sander all day in a paint booth that right now averages about 110 during the day......After work all I want is water and a cold homebrew.

Evan! said:
I hear that. Falling asleep in meetings isn't so bad when you're the only one at the meeting :p
But it's not good at all when you're the one leading the meetings. :D

Been doing the 6:00AM to 7:15AM for about 9 years now.

Less crowded.

Got to admit though, since homebrewing, I've missed a morning or two. Not because of any hangover issues (none with homebrew), but just because I end up staying up too late to work in the brewshop and samle my wares. :ban:

I used to, then my coworker who I went with was busy taking Karate and some other shizzle so it got harder for me to go alone. *shrug*. I'd like to get into it again....someday...

I tend to get lots of exercise in the warm months as I am usually outdoors. Winter is the bear for me. I usually gain a few pounds and want to hibernate.

I usually just get my bike workouts in after work. Takes about 1.5-2.5 hours right after work, full effort intervals or time trial work during the week, long rides (4+ hours) on the weekends after I'm done brewing. Don't do a whole lot of gym work anymore, just bike specific stuff.

BTW, I'm your stereotypical skinny cyclist. 6' 135 lbs, huge legs with skinny arms, eats like a sumo wrestler.

thebikingengineer said:
I usually just get my bike workouts in after work. Takes about 1.5-2.5 hours right after work, full effort intervals or time trial work during the week, long rides (4+ hours) on the weekends after I'm done brewing. Don't do a whole lot of gym work anymore, just bike specific stuff.

BTW, I'm your stereotypical skinny cyclist. 6' 135 lbs, huge legs with skinny arms, eats like a sumo wrestler.

6', buck-thirty-five? :drunk: Holy sheet! Do you have to take cover from moderate wind gusts? :D

Kinda reminds me of this...
:rockin:

I am an early morning kinda guy, up at 5:30 drink a bit of coffee and hit the gym a couple times a week. Early morning at the gym people are there for maintenance and get it done and get out.

Rick

Evan! said:
6', buck-thirty-five? :drunk: Holy sheet! Do you have to take cover from moderate wind gusts? :D

Kinda reminds me of this...
:rockin:
Nah, wind doesn't bother me, I'm pretty bottom heavy and have good balance. I also played tuba in HS and know how to brace for a wind gust. My arms are skinny as hell though, and I've had to cut back my homebrew consumption rate a bit to stay moderately not drunk (I sober up pretty fast though).

Latest posts

Back