Any thoughts on the Beverage Factory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochs275

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a kegging kit with everything included and have been looking at various sites. I found a setup that seems the best for what I want on Amazon sold by the beverage factory. Anyone have any thoughts on ordering from the Beverage Factory? I did look on their site, and it says they clean and rinse their kegs, and they also give you a spare set of new O-rings.

Thanks for any input positive or negative.

Mike

I've bought taps from them with no problems. I'm sure they are reliable. Just shop around all the online merchants to find the best deal. There are several vendors on here who sell the stuff too.

I purchased a tap/shank combo and beer line cleaning kit. They were super friendly. Had a slight issue that they resolved without question. Would certainly order from them again!

Ryan M.

I got in on bev factory perlick SS 525 combo for 25.00 plus shipping 5 mo. ago, and they were great I'd order from them again.

I have had really good luck with them. The kegs DO NOT come cleaned however. I have ordered kegs several times, and they always had some soda let in them. Orders can take some time getting filled, but everything comes well packaged. The taps sent in my keg kit were made by Krome, and are decent quality. NO check-valves on the reg though. I would definetly buy from them again.

I ordered from them, my items were back stocked so it took a while to get my items but they delivered. Good prices and items were in good shape

i bought everything but the kegs from them, shipped fast, only downside one of the gas shut off valves on the reg was leaking and then the handle to the valve snapped off but that was my fault

I ordered a regulator, co2 tank, some hose, and 2 distributors from them. Wasn't too happy that it took them so long to ship in-stock items. Ordered on 10/3 and got a shipping notice on 10/7. Everything should arrive today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered two used 5 gallon ball locks from them and had to return them. They sell them as "reconditioned" and cleaned. I did not expect perfect by any means and have zero issues cleaning things but the two kegs that arrived were both dented, both nasty dirty, both rubber collars were covered in deep cuts filled with dirt. I returned them and had to pay return shipping.

I ordered a regulator, co2 tank, some hose, and 2 distributors from them. Wasn't too happy that it took them so long to ship in-stock items. Ordered on 10/3 and got a shipping notice on 10/7. Everything should arrive today.

Got my stuff yesterday (10/12). Air distributors weren't packed very well and had a few dings in the aluminum...but not enough to make me return them. Everything else (regulator, co2 tank, hose, etc.) came in fine.

Payday is tomorrow, so I'm going to order before I go to work, and will post back when I receive my order on the condition and promptness of the kit.

So after posting the last message I went ahead and searched 1 last time. I found on the Midwest supplies site a setup that previously had been out of stock. It is with shipping calculated about $25 cheaper, comes with a new 5 lb co2 tank, and comes with a better regulator. This system you can regulate the pressure on each keg separately, on the beverage factory it was the same pressure for both kegs. Here is the link to the one I ordered Friday morning.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-logic-dual-tap-draft-system-w-pin-lock-kegs.html

Got tracking information this morning, it got sent out last night, and I should have it Wednesday. I will post back information on this setup.

bought my tap rite dual gauge regulator from them. Best ever. Fast cheap shipping, good prices, great products.

So after posting the last message I went ahead and searched 1 last time. I found on the Midwest supplies site a setup that previously had been out of stock. It is with shipping calculated about $25 cheaper, comes with a new 5 lb co2 tank, and comes with a better regulator. This system you can regulate the pressure on each keg separately, on the beverage factory it was the same pressure for both kegs. Here is the link to the one I ordered Friday morning.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-logic-dual-tap-draft-system-w-pin-lock-kegs.html

Got tracking information this morning, it got sent out last night, and I should have it Wednesday. I will post back information on this setup.

You ordered a pin lock setup and you were originally comparing to a ball lock setup, this might be why its cheaper. From my experience, ball lock kegs tend to be a bit more.

check out my keezer build thread. I just placed a 5 tap order from them. Customer service was top notch. Much better than trying to spend multiple days trying to place an order with other online smaller companies (I wont name names)

I found a killer loophole to get really good pricing (at least 5% off) from Bev factory for all my components for the keezer by purchasing a "Custom Two Keg Door Mount Kegerator Keg Tap Conversion Kit".

Here all you need to do is pick and choose which components you would like to add to your setup (in two's) and get really good deals. The great thing about this is that you can add as much or little to the order as you want. If all you need is two 525ss's and two shanks (or if you need four!), then you can get them for $39.40 each.

I ended up adding two custom kits(that include everything i need for my setup) but didnt do the checkout process till i had all the items i needed (that way they would only charge me $8 for shipping and no tax)

The only thing i would note is that if you order off their website like i did, check to make sure the subtotal matches the discounted prices added up. I realized that my Subtotal ($601) was about $70 more than what the prices should have added up to. They said they would look into it because it didnt add up for them either. About 5 hours later I got a call from a sales rep who said that their website's automatic cart added the wrong numbers and so they re-calculated everything, fixed it asap and then gave me a discount for the confusion!

I will be ordering everything from them from now on.

Barhoc11, your right, the pin lock was cheaper than the ball lock on Midwest's site. And compared between the two with shipping the kit on the beverage factory site would have been cheaper by about $12, but didn't come with the dual control regulator.

I ordered my original kegging setup from them, they were by far the cheapest deal I could find. The only problem was some stuff was backordered including the regulator. they sent me an email offering to replace it with a cheaper one for the same price. I asked for the next model up for the same price and they said no then I asked if I could get the cheaper one for the cheaper price and they said no because it was a package deal. So my only options were to get a cheaper regulator for the price of a more expensive one or wait until the regulator I ordered was in stock. Three weeks later I got my regulator. I was not too happy with the customer service I received and will not order from them again.

Latest posts

Back