Hops left out at room temp for 1 week!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
So I ordered some hops from hops direct and they were shipped but the UPS store took an extra week from scheduled delievery to get them to me. SO my question is.. How much AA loss am i looking at for my hops left at lets say 70 degree is the original air tight, light resistant package for 1 week?....i know i know RDWHAHB

edit: the are pellets

Hops direct ships their hops in a vacuum packed bag. You didn't loose anything in my opinion. Their website says they keep some hops in a walk in cooler for day to day use....but the rest are warehoused. I doubt if it's refridgerated...... plus, it took a week for UPS to ship my hops from the west coast....dude, it didn't come with a ice pack. Your fine.

An extra week from the scheduled delivery?

I'd raise holy hell. You are in ohio not pluto.

We ship stuff everyday here at work UPS and an extra week after the scheduled date would have us using FedEx the next that. That is inconceivable.

Back