Primary fermentation of grape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saud

Reaction score
Thank for all

I made my grape wine for ( 13 litter ) and i add more suger and i add 1 spoon of yeast .. Now i am in (9th day ) but i think i have to re add yeast becouse i am not sure if my fermentation is good or correct !!

So .. Can i add yeast now

( i have no hydrometer )

And .. Whene the skin of grape remain floating and go up thats mean the fermentation is working and in proces

Thank you alot

Saud said:
Thank for all

I made my grape wine for ( 13 litter ) and i add more suger and i add 1 spoon of yeast .. Now i am in (9th day ) but i think i have to re add yeast becouse i am not sure if my fermentation is good or correct !!

So .. Can i add yeast now

( i have no hydrometer )

And .. Whene the skin of grape remain floating and go up thats mean the fermentation is working and in proces

Thank you alot

You are correct, if the skins are on top of the liquid, fermentation is active. There should be foaming too.

How much sugar did you add, why do you think your fermentation is not good? It is very likely since you are in the 9th day your fermentation has slowed and you should press your grapes.

novalou thanks alot

Whene i push the grape dwon two time in the day i see bubble .. Is that good

I add 2kg of suger gor 13 or 14 litter of wine ..

If i keep my primary fermentation long time ( ex.. 3 week ) is that good to have good wine and high alcohol ?

Thank you for your replay

Saud said:
novalou thanks alot

Whene i push the grape dwon two time in the day i see bubble .. Is that good

I add 2kg of suger gor 13 or 14 litter of wine ..

If i keep my primary fermentation long time ( ex.. 3 week ) is that good to have good wine and high alcohol ?

Thank you for your replay

Two things:
1. Your wine will continue to ferment in your carboy / demijohn.
2. You need to transfer your wine into a carboy / demijohn when fermentation slows down (when it's not pushing grape skins up) because the C02 created by fermentation slows down and reduces the protection of the wine.

Though, a hydrometer now will not help you with determining the alcohol content..you need to know starting specific gravity plus final specific gravity. But you really will need one if you want to make more wine.

Out of curiosity, you said you added a spoon of yeast...what kind of yeast are you using?

What kind of grapes are you fermenting?

so is better to cover my contener with towel for primary fermentation ?

I use bread yeast

Thanks for all

Latest posts

Back