Remove Green Apple Taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsbeckton

Reaction score
I made a lager using a healthy amount of German Lager Yeast into well-oxygenated wort (pure o2). I racked to kegs for lagering after about 2 weeks and now I taste a bit of green apple. Think I should have let the beer sit on the yeast cake for another few days but that ship has sailed. So my question is do I just lager and hope that it will mellow out or do I try to repitch some yeast and hope that it can clean it up?

I made a lager using a healthy amount of German Lager Yeast into well-oxygenated wort (pure o2). I racked to kegs for lagering after about 2 weeks and now I taste a bit of green apple. Think I should have let the beer sit on the yeast cake for another few days but that ship has sailed. So my question is do I just lager and hope that it will mellow out or do I try to repitch some yeast and hope that it can clean it up?

Give it a while. That will probably go away.

Did you do a dactyl rest at a high temp for a few days?

Yup, fermented at 50F and rest of about 3 days at 58F and then transfered when there was no activity. So the consensus is to just let it lager and it will go away?

Back